Saturday, January 12, 2008

Me, my mom, and I

So I am finally getting a house of my own... well, sort of.

My mother, who has been in prison now for nine years, (well, I guess that's counting the time spent in the hospital from a brain hemmhorrage that has left her paralyzed on her left side and mentally retarded, and coming close to dying a couple times), has gotten most of her sentancing suspended, which means she won't have to serve the additional fifteen years for manslaughter. She still does have to serve the rest of her sentence for child neglect, which she's only got three years; this year's included in that sentance.

When she gets out, she needs a legal guardian to watch over her and take care of her, sort of like taking care of child one would say. Since I had tons of experience taking care of challanged individuals (hell, it's what I go to work to do), then I agreed to take care of her. That means basically being her parent, ironically enough. So my grampa is having a house built for the two of us to live in, and then I can move out of my dad's house. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the house, but if it gets built before my mom gets out of prison, then I have a whole house all to my self!

No comments: